What started off as an informal meeting between a few mobile visionaries in Helsinki, Finland year 2000; has grown in to a global phenomenon with chapters in over 100 countries. The MobileMonday network consists of passionate mobile technology enthusiasts fostering innovation, cooperation and cross border business development. Networking events take place both live and virtually where ideas, best practices and trends are shared.
Mobile Monday has the following objectives:
- To encourage innovation within the mobile sector.
- To facilitate networking between small and large companies, and between local and foreign.
- To help local companies effectively participate in international initiatives through the import and export of visions, concepts, technologies, know-how and best practices.
- To present innovative visions, trends, studies and forecasts from the mobile marketplace.
- To facilitate and create partnerships.
- To contribute to the education of the broader public through its publications, online presence and media partnerships.
Mobile Monday is driven by a group of dedicated volunteers from around the world.
MobileMonday Colombo is an initiative by the Centre of Excellence for Telco and Mobility; a group within SLASSCOM. MoMo Colombo is a single forum to bring together the mobile community; the telcos, software providers, hardware suppliers, academia and users. As a part of the global MobileMonday community, MoMo Colombo hopes to promote collaboration and innovation among the Sri Lankan Mobile entrepreneurs. It will also open up opportunities to integrate with the international mobile community through its worldwide network.
You can get involved with MoMo Colombo and volunteer to share your ideas, insights, spare on/off-line time in building the network. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org