Sri Lanka Association for Software Services Companies (SLASSCOM) is the national chamber for the knowledge and innovation industry in Sri Lanka and acts as the catalyst of growth. We do this by facilitating trade and business, propagation of education and employment, encouraging research and innovation, and by influencing a national policy framework of value to the industry. SLASSCOM has over 200 member companies with a 30,000+ employee base.
SLASSCOM drives the Imagination Economy: Sri Lanka’s Industry of the future, with the potential to become the #1 export revenue earner for Sri Lanka.
The SLASSCOM Board supported by the Past-Chairmen and an Advisory Board determines the priorities and goals for SLASSCOM, driven by industry needs.
Our vision for 2025 is to:
– Generate USD 5.0 billion of revenue
– Create 200,000 direct jobs
– Establish 1000 IT/BPM startups
SLASSCOM key strategic initiatives are run by 9 different forums; Marketing, Capacity, Regional Development, Entrepreneurship, Technology, Quality, Business Process Management, Innovation, and Human Resources. Each of these forums is comprised of industry leaders and volunteers, forums drive the key strategic initiatives at SLASSCOM.
The strategies come to life through the intervention of the General Council and Corporate Office.
Our key strategic initiatives under forums are:
Marketing and Demand Generation
– Marketing – Access to markets and assisting companies grow
Capacity and Skills Development
– Capacity – Increasing the talent pool, enhancing capacity and skills
– Regional Development – Developing regional IT hubs across the island
– Entrepreneurship – Triggering Sri Lanka’s next unicorn
– TechKids – Infleuncing future Tech Leaders
Building Industry Capability
– Technology – Enabling talent with technology trends
– Quality – Embedding quality into talent and organizations
– Business Process Management – Building industry capacity and visibility
– Innovation – Harnessing Sri Lanka’s ingenuity
– Human Resources – Enabling world-class people practices