In keeping with the projected demand, the tourism sector of Sri Lanka has set an ambitious growth target of 22,500 additional hotel rooms by 2016 – a required CAGR of 7.4%. While a few large hotel chains have entered the market, many mid and small tier operators (20-100 rooms) are opening properties at a rapid pace.
Destination management companies are actively looking to enhance their strategies to position the unique product we have to offer the world and compete aggressively with other Asian options. Positioning Sri Lanka as the best option in front of our target market, enhancing REVPAR (revenue per available room) and delivering a consistent guest experience have been identified as the key challenges of growth. To help address these key challenges AMCHAM Sri Lanka and SLASSCOM are looking for the most innovative and compelling IT solutions that will help enable the Sri Lankan tourism industry to leap frog in becoming the destination of choice.
The key outcomes expected through this event are to:
- Facilitate for the hotels and Destination Management Companies (DMC) to explore best in class IT products and solutions available in Sri Lanka that will enable to attract, service and retain guests.
- Facilitate meaningful engagement between the leaders of the IT companies and hotels and DMC to help accelerate innovation and adoption
- Recognise best in class IT products and solutions servicing the hotels and DMC
AMCHAM Sri Lanka and SLASSCOM are calling for applications from IT companies that are currently serving this industry and have products/solutions that enable all or one of the following focus areas of tourism:
- Marketing Sri Lanka as a destination
- Marketing individual properties/experiences
- Enhance and manage top line enablers: revenue, experience, loyalty, optimise cost management
Applications are accepted till 30 April and can be submitted through the AMCHAM website, www.amcham.lk.
The finalists selected will have an opportunity to showcase their solutions in an exclusive event representing the top hotel and destination management companies in Sri Lanka looking for IT solutions. At this event, the company adjudged as having the most innovative and compelling IT solution will be awarded with the ‘SL Tourism 2.0 Enabler – 2013’ title. For more details contact: Ruwindhu Peiris – Director AMCHAM/General Secretary SLASSCOM