Prof. Lalith Gamage is the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of the Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, the largest IT Education institute in Sri Lanka.
He is also an Adjunct Professor of the Curtain University of Australia and a visiting Professor of University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.
Prof. Gamage has served the University of Moratuwa for about 20 years as a Senior Lecturer and the Director of the Computing Services Centre.
Prof. Gamage established the Tradenet SL of Sri Lanka Export Development Board and has served as its Executive Director for over 5 years.
Prof. Gamage is an Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering graduate from Moratuwa University, holds a Master’s degree in Information Technology from De Montfort University U K and Phd in Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision from University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.
Prof. Gamage has published numerous research papers in professional journals and conference proceedings and has been an invited speaker at many local and international conferences and fora. He has also won a prestigious Japanese space agency research award. He is also the Associate Editor of the Control and Intelligent Systems Journal – ACTA press, Canada.
Prof. Gamage has served as the Chairman of the ICT Cluster of the USAID sponsored competitiveness initiative, which developed the initial Road Map for e-Sri Lank.
Prof. Gamage is a recipient of the Outstanding Young Person of the year (TOYP) award in 2000 for his contribution towards academic development.
Prof. Gamage serves as;
- Chairman of SLCRERT ( Sri Lanka Computer Emergency Response Team) a company coming under the Secretary to the President and ICTA
- Chairman of the Expert Group to Develop the Higher Education Policy on size and structure for ministry of higher education
- Chairman SLTI ( Sri Lanka Technology Incubator (Pvt) Ltd
- Director of Hayles Infocraft – Hayles IT company
- Director of SLIIT Computing (Pvt) Ltd
- Director of Lanka Software Foundation