Dialog Axiata PLC0094777678700 www.dialog.lk
Dialog Axiata PLC, a subsidiary of Axiata Group Berhad (Axiata), operates Sri Lanka’s largest and fastest growing mobile telecommunications network. The Company is also one of the largest listed companies on the Colombo Stock Exchange in terms of market capitalization.
Dialog has been at the forefront of innovation in the mobile industry in Sri Lanka since the late 90’s, propelling the nation’s mobile telephony infrastructure to a level of advancement on par with the developed world. The company delivers advanced mobile telephony and high speed mobile broadband services to a subscriber base in excess of 7.8 Million Sri Lankans, via 2.5G and 3G/3.5G and 4G networks. In April 2013, the company secured the distinction of becoming the first service provider in South Asia to launch mobile 4G FD-LTE services. The company was also the first service provider in South Asia to launch 3G services in 2006. Dialog also provides a comprehensive suite of International Roaming Services across a global footprint comprising of more than 200 countries, and operates a wide portfolio of international telecommunication services, including but not limited to retail and wholesale international voice and data services. Dialog also recently entered into an agreement with the Bay of Bengal Gateway (BBG) consortium as part of the organisation’s plans to boost the delivery of International Bandwidth to Sri Lanka via a submarine cable to be landed in South Colombo, triggering the single largest infusion of International Bandwidth to Sri Lanka by 4th Quarter of 2014.
Dialog Axiata supplements its market leading position in the Mobile Telecommunications sector with a robust footprint and market presence in Sri Lanka’s Fixed Telecommunications and Digital Television markets through its fully owned subsidiaries Dialog Broadband Networks (Private) Ltd (DBN) and Dialog Television (Private) Ltd., (DTV).
DBN is Sri Lanka’s second largest Fixed Telecommunications provider. DBN serves residential and enterprise customers with voice, broadband, leased lines and customized telecommunication services. DBN has the distinction of being the first telecommunications operator in Sri Lanka to launch 4th Generation LTE High Speed Broadband Services. DBN is also a leading provider of Radio and Optical Fibre based transmission infrastructure facilities. DTV operates a Direct-to-Home (DTH) Digital Satellite TV service and is the market leader in Sri Lanka’s Pay TV sector. DTV supports a broad array of international and local content in both Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD) formats alongside a wide portfolio of Sri Lankan television channels and delivers high quality infotainment to a viewer base in excess of 275,000 Sri Lankan Households.
The Dialog Group has also been aggressive in its pursuit of a leadership position in the provision of Digital Services. Dialog Axiata PLC has the distinction of being the first mobile operator in Sri Lanka to be awarded a Mobile Payments License by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka, based on which it operates eZ Cash, the countries pioneering mobile money service. The Dialog Group also established a position of strength in Sri Lanka’s Digital Commerce space through a Joint Venture (Digital Commerce Lanka) encompassing Sri Lanka’s leading Daily Deals site Anything.lk and the incumbent e-commerce properties of the Dialog Group wow.lk, ibuy.lk and tradenet.lk.
Dialog remains Sri Lanka's largest Foreign Direct Investor (FDI) with investments totalling over USD 1 billion. Dialog is an ISO 9001 certified company and has received numerous local and international awards including the National Quality Award, Sri Lanka Business Excellence Award, and 3 successive GSM World Awards. The company has also earned the distinction of being ranked No. 1 on Sri Lanka's Corporate Accountability Ratings for several years in succession and the Dialog brand being voted as the winner of Sri Lanka's Peoples Awards for the most preferred telecommunications brand, Sri Lanka's most valuable brand of the year by Brand Finance and winner of SLIM-Nielsen Peoples Service Brand of the year, SLIM-Nielsen Peoples Telecom Brand of the Year and joint winner SLIM-Nielsen Peoples Youth Brand of the Year. Dialog is also the current Sponsor of the National Cricket Team of Sri Lanka.
Recognitions / Achievements
• SLIM – Nielsen Peoples Awards
• Internet Service Brand of the Year – Winner.
• Telecom Services Brand of the Year – Winner.
• SLIM – Nielsen Peoples Awards
• Service Brand of the Year – Winner.
• Telecom Services Brand of the Year – Winner.
• Youth Brand of the Year – Joint Winner.
• World Summit Award – Mobile for Mobile inclusion for Tradenet
• Dialog’s Contact Centre First to Obtain COPC Certification in Sri Lanka
Dialog became the first Sri Lankan company to achieve the prestigious international BPO industry Certification of Customer Operations Performance Center (COPC) 2000® CSP Standard, and joined the league of top companies practicing the COPC® Family of Standards.
• People CMM Certification for Maturity Level 3
Dialog became the first company in Sri Lanka to be assessed & certified for Maturity Level 3 on People CMM. This made Sri Lanka & India the only countries within SAARC to be assessed on the People Capability Maturity Model Level 3.
• Dialog Telekom Named Sri Lanka’s Most Valuable Brand for Second Consecutive Year
Brand Finance ranked Dialog as Sri Lanka’s Most Valuable Brand from a total of 100 brands, with a valuation of SLR 12,401 million.
• Dialog TV Awarded Silver status, Turnaround Brand of the Year at SLIM Brand Excellence
SLIM Brand Excellence is recognized as a testing ground for successful brands.
• Most Innovative Brand, SLIM Brand Excellence
Dialog Telekom won the Gold Award for Most Innovative Brand at 2008 SLIM Brand Excellence. The Gold Award was given to Dialog Telekom’s innovative achievements in 3G, mobile based news services.
• Most Popular Mobile Telecom Brand of the Year Award, SLIM-Nielsen People’s Award 2008
The SLIM-Nielsen People’s Awards are widely regarded as a true reflection of the consumers’ choice and winners are nominated by the public during a five-month long selection process.
• Dialog Telekom Ranked as Business Today’s Number 1 Company
Based on its performance in the 2006/2007 period Dialog Telekom emerged at the top following an in-depth evaluation of multiple performance indicators that was conducted by Business Today.
• Customer Management Strategy Award
Dialog Telekom received the Customer Management Strategy Award at the Customer Management Awards held in China in 2008. This award gave due recognition to Dialog Telekom’s overall Customer Strategy and its track record of success.
• Dialog Telekom Received CSQS Level III Certification
• The CSQS Level III Certification was received for the company’s Group Service.
• Delivery and Enterprise Service Management from the Asia Pacific Customer Service.
• Consortium in Hong Kong. Dialog is the first company in Sri Lanka to receive this certification which recognizes Service Delivery and Enterprise Service Management as being compliant with the highest standards in the region.
• Dialog Telekom Emerged Runner Up in “Sri Lanka’s Most Respected Business Entity”
Dialog Telekom was placed number 2 in a city wide survey of Sri Lanka’s Most Respected Business Entity” in this survey which was conducted by the Nielsen Company and commissioned by Media Services (Pvt) Ltd.
• Dialog Telekom Awarded Best Telecommunication Sector Implementation for Midsize Enterprises at the SAP ACE Awards
Dialog Telekom emerged the only Sri Lankan company to receive an award at the SAP ACE Awards. SAP ACE recognizes how information technology is effectively used by enterprises to transform businesses innovatively.
• Dialog Telekom Asia Pacific Best Customer Service Centre Award
Dialog Telekom’s flag ship Customer Service Centre; Dialog Future World received the Asia Pacific Best Customer Service Centre Award, at the Asia Pacific Customer Service Recognition of Excellence held in Hong Kong.
• National Business Excellence Awards
• Gold Award – Best Corporate Entity in Sri Lanka
• Gold Award – Extra Large Category
• Gold Award – Best Tech savvy Company
• Gold Award – Best Capacity Builder
• GSM world award for year
Sri Lanka once again took center stage at the GSM World Congress in Cannes France. Dialog GSM placed Sri Lanka firmly on the world map of telecommunications bagging a second consecutive world award at the GSM Awards ceremony popularly known as the “Oscar’s” of the mobile industry.
Dialog GSM became the second operator worldwide to be honored in consecutive years by the GSM world body.
• GSM World Award for Year
Dialog GSM bagged a coveted GSM World Award for its unique initiative to draw the cooperation of its customers to change the lives of less fortunate and marginalised segments of society.
• International Asia Pacific Quality Award
Dialog was adjudged winner in the Large Scale Service Category from amongst National Quality Award winners in the Asia Pacific Region. Dialog Telekom is the only National Quality Award winner in Sri Lanka and the only telecom operator in the region to have won this award.
• Dialog GSM won two Silver Awards for its communications campaign for Kit Prepaid services, and Mobile Banking services in 2002. The company also won a Silver and two Bronze Awards for the promotional campaign.
o Sri Lanka National Quality Award
Dialog Telekom was the winner of the Sri Lanka National Quality Award – 2001 in the Large Scale Service Category. The selection criteria were based upon the Malcolm Baldrige Quality Award of USA. The Sri Lanka National Quality Award is Sri Lanka’s highest level of recognition for excellence in Business Management, elevating the awardees to the level of ‘World Class Companies.’
- Address: 475, Union Place, Colombo 2, Sri Lanka
- Fax: 0094117694022
- Address: 475, Union Place, Colombo 2, Sri Lanka.
- Phone: 0094777678700
- Fax: 0094117694022
- Dr. Hans Wijayasuriya, CEO
- Datuk Azzat Kamaludin, President
- Dato’ Sri Jamaludin Ibrahim , Director