SLASSCOM sustainability policies
SLASSCOM ESG Initiatives, policies & practices within the industry
This is an extension to the SLASSCOM Code of Ethics, especially focusing on people practices. The higher demand for post pandemic digital transformation has led to a higher demand for IT labour and thus a red ocean for talent. It is important that all companies follow ethical practices when carrying out their talent acquisition and related functions to ensure that the IT/BPM industry of Sri Lanka forges forward and achieves the industry goals.
SLASSCOM ESG code of conduct
- We commit to diversity and inclusion in workforce and equal opportunity of all staff regardless of age, gender, race, religion and sexuality.
- We commit to responsible and sustainable disposal of E-Waste.
- We will take measures to reduce carbon footprint through the use of renewable energy sources, reduce travel and energy efficiency.
- We commit to off setting out carbon footprint through carbon setting and planting of trees.
- We commit to inclusive growth, using workforce and developing capability around Sri Lanka, Secure our customer and employees’ information though world class information security protocols, to uphold and strengthen the wellbeing, both physical and mental within our workforce.
- We commit to the use of technology for good, and innovation that promotes sustainability, sustainable practices enforced and encourage sustainability practices throughout the supply chain including with suppliers.
Recommended practices within the industry
- Code of Business Conduct and Ethics – This code sets out SLASSCOM’s commitment to conducting our work ethically, and the standard of conduct expected of our employees, namely corporate office staff, Board of Directors, General Council and other volunteers.
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy – It is strictly prohibited for any Personnel to pay or accept bribes to obtain any improper business or other advantage within the chamber and its activities.
- Information Security Management Policy – Policies, processes, and tools are designed and deployed to protect sensitive information and data assets from unauthorized access. These are revolved around three core aspects of information security: confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Business Continuity Management Policy – Framework for the organization to respond to internal and external threats and ensures the organization’s preparedness, resilience and ability to continue delivering its mandate when such threats occur
- Recruitment Policy – Eligibility on ‘right to work’ checks for all employees in order to safeguard against human trafficking or forced labor. We conduct job rotations so that no employee is restricted to one particular assignment for a long period of time.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy – Equal Employment Opportunity consists of ensuring that all employees are given equal access to training, promotion, appointment or any other employment related issue without regard to any factor not related to their competency and ability to perform their duties.
- Harassment-Free Workplace Policy – All individuals in the corporate office and volunteer force are expected and required to conduct themselves in accordance with the standards and principles established by the Policy even in the absence of a complaint of harassment. Harassment in any form will not be tolerated.
- Grievance Policy – A grievance procedure for an employee to raise a problem or complaint to their employer. The employee can raise a grievance if they feel raising it informally has not worked. Very serious issues, for example sexual harassment or whistleblowing.
- Human Rights Policy – This policy sets our SLASSCOM’s aims to fulfill responsibility to respect human dignity and rights with regard to our workforce/volunteer and member company employees. SLASSCOM will not tolerate human rights abuses and will not engage or be complicit in any activity that solicits or encourages human rights abuse.
- Sustainability Policy – Environment, Health and Safety Policy. Environmental Responsibility Policy.